my true love gave to me…a boozy drink with marshmallows in it. My true love can’t rhyme. Also on the 1st day of Christmas
my mother the rest of you gave me crap for not posting anything in a month (um. give or take). I liked the first gift WAY more. But she’s you’re right, I haven’t posted in forever…so here’s what you probably didn’t miss but I’ll tell you anyway missed (and then we’ll get to the magic of boozy beverages):
1. We moved. To a house with a double ovens (!!!!!!). In which I have baked precisely nothing (from scratch) because along with a new house came hosting Thanksgiving for 2 families 13 days after moving. And then I lapsed into a coma for 2 weeks. Ok, not a real coma, but I hit a domestic wall (that was before I hit a door with my face in an overzealous trip to the bathroom, but that’s a totally different story).
2. The second anniversary of my blog, which was on November 3rd. I suck. You can go here to read the very first post (and marvel at how truly little I’ve evolved in 2 years) and then you can throw cupcakes at me for punishment. Please aim for my face. It’s already messed up from the aforementioned door.
3. I found these. I really want to get them for my dog, but he’s about 872 times the size of the petite little model dog and I’m pretty sure he’d look at me all “bitch, PLEASE” if I tried putting them on him. Then he’d sit on me. And probably fart.
4. My BFF came to visit and we ate a metric butt-ton of food. Some of which earned it’s own post. It’ll be one of these days of Christmas. Perhaps 7.
5. I made cheesy photo cards for the first time since the obligatory wedding photo card with our new address and photos taken with my iPhone (because we’re pros like that). I even signed the dog’s name (because I’m insane like that). Then after they shipped, I figured out there was a typo on them. I begged the company to send me new ones, which they sort of agreed to, but they’re in no rush to fix the fact that I’m a sleep deprived moron (selfish bastards). Those of you who know me can expect a card sometime in 2013. It may or may not have a typo. It’ll be like a game. If you find it you win (it’s really only a moral victory though…no prizes will be given).
6. Some other stuff that I may or may not get around to writing about but I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise, so I won’t tell you about it yet (or ever, we’ll see).
So, back to the boozy beverages…
Thanks to Chubby Bunny, this happened:
That, friends, is spiced (and spiked) eggnog with Chubby Bunny eggnog marshmallows. And some donuts my friend Jessica had a weird craving for at the grocery store. Which is good because, you know, they made a good prop.
Now, before you go thinking I got all Martha Stewart on the eggs in my fridge, I’ll tell you that I spiked store-bought eggnog and spiced it up myself. Mostly because egg yolks gross me out. Oh, and I’m lazy. So pay attention, this recipe is complicated:
1 mug of fresh eggnog
rum of choice to taste (I probably put in an ounce. ish.)
extra spice to taste (I used cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg)
Microwave ’til hot. Or heat in a saucepan if you don’t believe in microwaves or something.
Top with amazing marshmallows from Chubby Bunny (that’s the most important part).
Drink while making fun of the eggnog company’s marketing campaign. Because seriously? That doesn’t even make sense. Except for the eat, drink part. That always makes sense.
By the way, when I told my friend D that I was actually getting around to writing a new post but it was a rambling, incoherent mess, she replied with: “I’ll edit it for a dollar fiddy.” When I didn’t respond instantly she followed that up with “Haha. Just kidding. I just like the term “a dollar fiddy”. So, she didn’t edit this (to be clear. I didn’t want you thinking she has horrible editing skills). Yet somehow I still feel like I should send her $1.50. Weird.