As promised in my last post, the gnomes and I have uploaded the photos of the bundts from Saturday’s baby shower. The soon-to-be Nonna requested red velvet, lemon blueberry, & chocolate chip bundts for the family baby shower and I got to work. I’ve already posted the red velvet baby bundts here; the other two recipes are new.
The mom-to-be texted me on Sunday to tell me she ate 3 of them. I realize she’s pregnant, but I’m still going to take that as a compliment. Baby Sugar High will be here in March.
Please stop drooling on your keyboards.
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
(loosely adapted from the Lemon-Ginger Bundt Cake recipe
in the Weight Watchers Comfort Classics cookbook)
1 1/4 C granulated sugar
2 1/2 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C lowfat buttermilk
1/3 C canola oil
1 TBSP grated lemon zest
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
2 C blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries, but fresh will work too)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan or 2 – 6 C mini bundt pans with cooking spray.
2. Whisk sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Whisk buttermilk, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and egg white together in a medium bowl. Add wet mixture to dry, stirring until just blended.
4. Add blueberries to mixture and fold in slowly.
5. Pour batter into pan(s). Bake until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire racks.
6. For glaze, mix 2 C sifted powdered sugar with 2 TBSP lemon juice and whisk to combine. Adjust amount of juice to desired consistency and drizzle over completely cooled cakes.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cakes
(adapted from Basic Vanilla Cake in Kiss My Bundt)
2 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 c unsalted butter
1 3/4 C sugar
3 eggs, room temp
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C whole milk
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together, set aside
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy (about 2 mins)
- Slowly add the sugar. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy (about 2 mins)
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and add to batter one at a time, then beat on medium for about 2 mins.
- Add vanilla to milk
- Beginning and ending with flour, mix 1/3 of the flour into the wet mixture at low speed, then 1/2 of the milk, alternating until all ingredients are mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to pans that have been coated with cooking spray until cavities are about 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 20-25 mins for mini bundt pans).
Chocolate Cinnamon Ganache
1/2 C heavy cream
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a saucepan, whisk cream over med-high heat.
- Bring to a near boil (about 190 degrees) – hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- mix in cinnamon
- remove from heat and stir in chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over cakes while still warm.